Subject: [Leica] Was: Where or where is the DMR Now:Zeiss
From: York915 at msn.com (Stephen York)
Date: Wed Jun 29 10:45:14 2005

Yes, please do.  I would be interested to how it compares to the venerable
50mm Summicron.  Someone on another forum took the time to compare the sizes
of the new ZI lenses to their Leica counterparts, all measured from the same
places, and, except for this 50mm lens which is the exact same size as the
current summicron, the ZI  lenses were a bit bigger, especially the 35mm
lens.  Optically, however, the few folks who have used these lenses have
been impressed.  I would be curious to see some head to head comparisons
between Zeiss and Leica lenses.  Not that I'm looking to get any new lenses.