Subject: [Leica] Now MF, was where oh where is the DMR now Canon
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Jul 1 23:08:41 2005

On 7/1/05 9:59 PM, "FRANK DERNIE" <frank.dernie@btinternet.com> typed:

> Hi Mark,
> I ahve used a 6008i for quite a few years without
> problem. It is the "best" camera I own. I also have a

It's great to hear this Frank and Jim.
Both you guys up there on my list for voices I respect the most on the LUG
or anywhere.
I of course really had heard lots and lots of bad stuff about the series,
the 600x.
Much of it from a guy who used to be in the loop - in the whole Rollei thing
I have to be a bit vague so it was shocking to hear this stuff from a guy
working for the company. But whose opinion come to think of it I differed
with on about every single other issue and nuance. So big surprise.
They certainly are gorgeous cameras,
I'm handled them at the counter a thing I posted on the lug a long time ago.
remember: "make it go!"? :)
(could not figure how to switch it on and either could the CAMERA WORLD
guys)
But when we did it was worth it.
You you fire the shutter its impression in its own league kind of way.
It's only 8 times faster than my Hassy ELM.

I'm a folding finder kind of guy. Belong to the "Folding finder" flying fan
club.
I've got all the prisms for the Hassy system. A 90 for my Rolleiflex 2.8 f
even. Never use them. They look great on the shelf though. Instill
confidence. My 45 degree one took me a year to save up for and I was
convinced it would rock my world when I'd finally get it.
Just to heavy for this guy among one.
I find a good folding finder to be the most awesome tool in photographic
viewing.
And the Rollei ff's are far superior to the Hassies in not just a few ways.
A main one being "build" come to think of it.

Some day when I die and go to heaven I'll have the use of a Rollei 6000
setup. Having a meter in a camera with a quick motor drive like that would
never kill me.
I mean Gee just look at these jaw dropping cameras!
http://www.sl66.com/slx/models.htm

May I place an order?

Give me one
40mm Schneider Super-Angulon PQ f/3.5 HFT (since 1992)
50mm Schneider Super-Angulon PQS f/2.8 HFT (since 1992)
55mm PCS Schneider Super-Angulon PQ f/4.5 HFT

(lens exists since 1982 w/o PQ) " Special wide-angle lens with extra large
image circle of 104mm and sophisticated lens mount enabling vertical/
horizontal shift for control of image perspective as well as up and down
tilt of optical axis (Scheimpflug). Floating elements automatically provide
consistently high image quality over the entire focusing range down to 0,5
m. Through electronic transmission, all automatic functions are retained.
For still life photography involving perspective accuracy and sharpness
criteria which is otherwise the domain of large-format photography."
http://www.sl66.com/slx/PQ_lenses_wide.htm

90mm Schneider Apo-Symmar PQS f/4 HFT #63348

 Universal macro lens with Apochromatic correction. Optimized for the
close-up range. The long helical mount provides a continuous focusing range
from infinity to 1:2 without additional accessories. Ideal for repro work
due its short focusing travel. Lens hood not necessary due to recessed
position of front lens element.

150mm Schneider Apo-Symmar PQ f/4.6 Makro HFT / 1990-today
A compact bellows lens. Much more compact than the 135 Zeiss for the Hassy.

180mm Schneider Tele-Xenar PQ f/2.8 HFT (since 1991). Also available as Auto
Focus lens (not pictured).

 300mm Schneider Apo-Tele-Xenar PQ f/4 HFT (1992-today)

And throw in a  1000mm Zeiss Tele-Tessar PQ f/8 HFT (since 1992)
I hope the color balance does not throw my portfolio all out of what.

That's 8 lenes.
A modest system
50 grand?
:)