Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question on Backup External Hard Drives
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Wed Jul 6 15:32:30 2005

It seems to me that he is already keeping his backup externally, and now
wants to delete it from the internal drive and keep it externally only.
Not a good idea if that is what he wants.

WRT Retrospect -- it keeps N user specifiable copies of the back-up in
its own format (full or incremental -- users choice) and manages them
completely and automagically. It can also produce a mirror of a
directory structure that is immediately usable as a back-up (which is
what I use it for now). Works well, but the documentation is obscure, to
say the least.
--
Clive
Blog: http://www.clive.moss.net/blog/blog.html