Subject: [Leica] looking for a lighter tripod
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Jul 8 16:45:25 2005

Oliver,
Go to a well stocked photo store and examine the wide variety of
carbon fiber tripods available.  The king of the crop are the Gitzo
Mountaineer series but they are also the most expensive.  Velbon has a
fairly good range as well.

But tripods and heads are like bags, one that suits you may not suit
me.  However, you should be able to get the weight down to about 3-4
lbs with a stable tripod.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com