Subject: [Leica] RE: New toy (IIIf + Elmar)
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Jul 8 19:34:25 2005

Daniel,
Of course, Leitz made clamp-on hoods and filters for the Elmar as they did
for every lens they sold.  However, when I started using the Elmar at a
young age, those items were luxuries I could not afford.  I found that a
slip-on Series 6 adapter and a short Kodak hood, which also retained a
Series 6 filter, if desired, worked just great.  I still have the Elmar and
the hood after more than 50 years and they still work great.  I have never
seen any vignetting from my arrangement.  I now have a IIIf as well, to
accompany my "Old Faithful" IIIa.
Jim Nichols