Subject: [Leica] looking for a lighter tripod
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Fri Jul 8 19:59:50 2005

Oliver,
I have a carbon fiber Manfrotto that is pretty light and seems like it would
do what you are looking for.  Had a Gitzo but never warmed up to the leg
extension method so when a friend declared he could not live without it, it
went home with him and a new Bogen moved in.
You mentioned you don't like ball heads but I find the Bogen Action Head a
great tool.  I have both versions, the joystick model and the new one which
is at a right angle.  For me they have the right balance of control with the
flexibility of a ball head.
As always, your mileage may vary.
Bill