Subject: [Leica] Re:Bill Pierce on the Leica today
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jul 12 16:52:45 2005

Yup. I do it by shooting with the DSLR the same way I shoot with the M, in
terms of how I handle the camera, and, far more important, how I handle
myself. We've discussed this numerous times here - one of the points is to
do everything you can to avoid constantly raising and lowering the camera;
motion is what draws the subject's eye, not the presence of a camera.
Another thing is to try not to bounce around, injecting yourself into the
scene. But I assume you don't do these things. There is the fact, as you
noted, that the E-1 is a relatively small SLR, and it's zooms are smaller
than allot of the Canon and Nikon lenses. And there's also the fact that it
is as quiet as an M. But as some one noted earlier, the M's reputation for
silence came in the days of clacky SLRs with motor drives like mufflerless
Harleys. :-)