Subject: [Leica] [OT] Now that the Olympus C-8080 has been discontinue d...
From: michael.francis at gs.com (Francis, Michael)
Date: Wed Jul 13 06:22:54 2005

Spencer,
If you want very small and compact I can suggest you take a look at the
Canon SD20, I have the SD10 and quite honestly the picture quality is
impressive. It is much helped by the fixed focal length lens on the camera,
also it takes pictures when you press the button...

Whilst the pictures (in the links) are all pretty much snaps (from
vacations), you should get an idea - the panorama at the top is full size as
is a stitch of ~9 images - I find the 4mp make for very nice 8x10s

http://www.francis-web.com/FrancisWeb/holiday/Copper/copper.htm

I also have the waterproof case for it and I get these sorts of images

http://www.francis-web.com/FrancisWeb/holiday/BVI2004/index.htm

Taken whilst doing a Reef Check dive in the BVI, the only limiting factor
for me is that it is not good below 12ft, so works for snorkeling, not
diving. I'd probably get technically better images with my Leica or Canon
20D, but I always have the SD10 in my bag ...

Mike