Subject: [Leica] I didn't even notice the camera....
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Wed Jul 13 07:42:34 2005

SLR? M6?

Anybody notice how on the TV show COPS a two person crew with a gigantic
betacam and a boom microphone burst into people's homes and NOBODY EVER says
"whats with the camera?" or "am I on tv?"

Who's that NYC photographer who teaches a class in street photography and
makes his class go out into central park and get completely in people's
faces with an SLR? I think someone on the list took the course and posted a
nice review of it. 20 minutes into the class, everybody was out in the park
photographing strangers from five feet away.

Mary Ellen Mark does street photography with a freaking Hasselblad. I don't
think it's the size of the camera as much as the attidude of the
photographer that makes a street photographer. Weegee, for that matter, did
it with a 4x5.

If you wanted to be completely invisible you could use one of those nikon
coolpix with the twisty backs, they have no shutter, they're completely
silent, and you're never holding a viewfinder to your eye. Heck, you could
even keep the camera in a paper bag....

It's not about being invisible.....

Kc

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] I didn't even notice the camera....)