Subject: [Leica] Photos on public transit
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu Jul 14 22:14:32 2005

I heard on the radio that after the bombing, London police asked anyone who
took photographs on or around the transit systems that morning to please
contact them--that such photos might help the investigation.

Ironic, considering the (now dropped)  proposal banning photography on the
NY subways without a permit, and a host of other knee-jerk photo bans real,
proposed, and made up on the spot by zealous cops and rent-a-cops.  Could
this mean that in future we might be *encouraged* to take photos on transit
systems, rather than being viewed as potential terrorists if we do so?

--Peter

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Photos on public transit)
Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Photos on public transit)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Photos on public transit)