Subject: [Leica] Testing curve for PS
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Jul 16 04:40:34 2005

First: ctrl or command download on desktop.
Mind you: this is an acv for a Mac. I'm not sure if it works on a PC.

Then open PS, open your testing image, go to curves and load the acv.
You will get a solarised kind of version of your image that will show you if
you invisibly added texture, etc. It's very handy to see if, when f.i. you
added a part to a picture, the grain or transitions in the created image are
smooth.

If ever you want to create this curve yourself, divide the curve square into
5 parabolics thus getting a kind of sinusoid with 4 tops and 5 dips (I'm not
sure that this is the right mathematical description since I'm not a
mathematician)

The result will look like this:

http://users.telenet.be/philippe.orlent/wind_small4.jpg

If you look closely, you'll see that there is an fault close to the tips of
the left hairs strings.