Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jul 21 07:53:27 2005

Tina,
I would ask your friends at ASMP that live in your area who the
computer guru's are.  After all, you are not looking for a Lotus Notes
expert, you are looking for someone who understands a graphics machine
and conflicts that can cause crashes.

Practical advice that you probably have already done.  How stable is
your electrical supply?  Have you checked your UPS for full
functionality?  Are all the drives that have crashed from the same lot
number/factory: in other words are you just cursed with a given set
that was defective?

If your laptop is stable, could you connect your USB/Firewire drives
to it and burn from there?  How is your husbands computer faring, any
hard drive crashes on his machine?

Atlernatively, there is some driver conflict going on in your Dell
machine.  Can you without major discomfort reformat the hard drive and
reload from scratch?  Another possibility is having Dell replace your
machine with a new one.  Six hard drive crashes qualifies as a Lemon
in my mind.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com