Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Planar 50/2 vs. latest Summicron 50/2
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jul 21 14:46:55 2005

>>> Scot you're a tad new on the LUG.
>>> Basic LUG rule:
>>> Can't have too many 50's.
>>>
>>> It's worse than extension cords.
>>
>> Don Dory might be the ultimate 50 hoarder...I have seven different ones
>> and am a mere punter in his presence :)

I have a Summicron and a Noctilux. That's two. A couple, a even pair.
Am biting at the bit for years for a collapsible Elmar which I see as my
basic default lens although I might end up still loving my 40 and using that
as often ... for in general covering the waterfront.
But if I shot with the R's and had a 60 macro Elmarit I'd throw that in the
conversation as well.

And then sooner or later of course getting the new Summilux APO asphyxiation
M. The idea of having the "sharpest" lens in the modern history of the model
major universe in ones camera system and not taking advantage of it goes
against my normal modus operandi - cause c?l?bre ...
No contento - E pluribus unum

What me worry?

Mark Rabiner
Photography