Subject: [Leica] Visoflex Question
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sat Jul 23 07:08:16 2005

i've done it twice.  do it in a shoebox or something similar.  there
are four springs underneath 4 ball bearings, and it is possible that
they can get lost when removing the cover.  the parts won't spring apart
with the great explosive energy which you imagine and there aren't that
many of them.  also, make sure the new screen
and glass cover are well centered in the holder, or the glass cover
may crack when you tighten down the screws.

by the way, brightscreen makes several models for the visoflex:

http://www.brightscreen.com/styles.html

NUMBER 1. PLAIN MATTE
NUMBER 2. MICROPRISM SPOT CENTER
NUMBER 4. SPLIT IMAGE WITH MICROPRISM COLLAR
NUMBER 6. PLAIN MATTE WITH GRID

Camera Type             #1      #2      #3      #4      #5      #6
Leica visoflex          p411    p412    n/a     p414h   n/a     p416

-rei