Subject: [Leica] OT-travel question NE US
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jul 24 06:57:24 2005

Mike, as you can see from the maps, the second lap of your  trip --from
Scranton to Laramie -- will be on Route 80, which is a fast -- but I  found
pleasant -- highway, with lots of traffic until, I believe, you get  past
Chicago,
where it is not as congested. I can't be sure because I have not  driven
much
beyond Chicago. I do recall, however, that there is a one-hour  bottleneck
around Rockford, Ill., where on several occasions it was bumper to  bumper.

The first leg of your trip from Halifax to Scranton will be partly on Route
95, which is a heavily trafficked, very boring highway, but with lots and
lots
 of places to stop for gasoline, bad food, rest, sleep, etc. It gets busier
as  you go South but very very busy the farther you go south, particularly
as
you  get closer to Pennsylvania.

As you can see from the driving times on both segments, you will have to
allow much more time for your trip...it's a long way...bon voyage...happy
driving...bob cole