Subject: [Leica] OT-travel question NE US
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Sun Jul 24 08:38:16 2005

In the North East and in fact pretty much the East, you will probably find a
lot of congestion during the morning and evening rush hours.  Even
Interstates can get to be bumper to bumper.  I would avoid traveling between
8-10 and 4-6 to miss a lot of it.

This trip brings fond memories of our honeymoon.  Although, as a
coincidence, I was born in Scranton, the trip started from the Philadelphia
area.  My spousal unit and I drove across the country in a MGB.  Ah to be
young and nimble again.  Put a steamer trunk on the trunk and off we went.
We used Interstate 80 to go west and took the southern route to come back.
Long before my Leica days so photos were taken with a Canon F1, the Minolta
HiMatic 7s she had taken to Europe, and a Kodak folder using 116 film I
bought at a flea market the day after our wedding.  Interesting enough, the
photo that jumps to mind when I think of it, is one taken with the Kodak of
her in the Badlands of North Dakota.

Bill