Subject: [Leica] Visoflex issues and concerns
From: keithvjohnson at yahoo.com (Keith Johnson)
Date: Sun Jul 24 15:55:29 2005

First I'd like to agree with the guy who went off on
the anit vaseline tangent. Vaseline is petroleum
jelly. It is inappropriate for use on a camera.
  Now, about the visoflex stuff.
I have a 200 telyt. F/4. Would that read as F/4 on the
film with the viso and oubio or do I have to
compensate akin to extension tube compensation?
 The reason I ask is, because I put it on my MP (lens,
viso,oubio) and had a terrible exposure reading with
the in camera meter.
 Its a Visoflex III, if that matters.
  Secondly, I'd like to change the focus screen in the
Viso to a beattie. Has anyone ever taken the top plate
of a visoflex? I'm wondering what kind of surprises
Father Leitz built into this thing. Last thing I need
is a table full of springs and tiny ball bearings to
hunt down and collect...
Thanks in advance... I tried to ask this question
yesterday.... I don't know what happened... I had
lister bot issues I guess.
 If this post did in fact show up yesterday.. I
apologize for the repeat.

KVJ