Subject: [Leica] Family "Outing"
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Mon Jul 25 04:54:44 2005

Dear All:
Luis wrote:
Hi Victor,

"I like very much the picture, but In my opinion I appreciate a lot of grain
or unsharpness, I'm sorry to critic but I hope contribute to improve it
making a better edition or maybe printing on paper, I think that it pay work
on it, is good shot."

Absolutely right- somethimes a "grab shot" loses some of the technical
good stuff we all aim at. In this case the combination of the very
teeny tiny camera plus the 400 ISO and available light all combined to
make the image less than sterling. I am glad I got the detail that I
actually ended up with. The Black/White version is better than the
colour version. To Don, the Mappelthorp exhibit was interesting- but
much more bland than the Arbus exhibit previously at the Met. The
Guggenheim tends to make the exhibits "sterile"-worth seeing though.
If any of you are going to be in NY, please let me know at
vroger@ilcpc.com. Make sure the subject line refers to the Lug List.
We also have informal meetings at a lovely unpretentious restaurant in
NY's mid West side the 1st Mon. of each month, organised by John Lee.
Bests vroger

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Family "Outing")