Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter)
Date: Wed Jul 27 10:35:52 2005

Spencer,

all the things you did are still very common in typical software development
environments today. The only difference is that, with RAID, disk failures/
redundancy is handled transparently, and file-servers can be configured
to do what you did out of the box (except for the tape backup). Today,
the hourly and nightly backups are done so that people can recover
from human (mostly their own) mistakes.

Also, it is good advice to store your weekly/monthly backups in a different
physical
location.

Regards,

Roland.