Subject: [Leica] Tour Eiffel, was: National trust photography rules
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Thu Jul 28 05:35:30 2005

Thanks Lucien,

I'm happy the dayshots aren't copyrighted anymore. I remembered this story
because once a certain advertising agency failed to check it, sold a
campaign with the Eiffel tower in it, shot it, published it, and then
discovered a vast non-calculated invoice for the rights in their mailbox.
Since then the rule of thumb is: if you want to shoot something for
advertising, check that there aren't any copyrights pending on what's
visible in picture. Sometimes we take the risk, and not do it, too.

Philippe