Subject: [Leica] model release needed?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jul 28 13:20:30 2005

At 03:38 PM 7/28/2005, you wrote:
>If I need papers, can someone point me to a url? I will probably end
>up shooting this, this
>coming weekend.
>
>Feli

Feli -

You will only need a model release for commercial use - if you plan
to sell the photos themselves or the rights to use them in
advertising.   For editorial use such as displays in the lobby or
articles about the play in a newspaper or magazine, you don't need
releases.  There is a fine line there because some editorial uses
could also be considered advertising.  If you want to be safe, here
is the ASMP short form model release (the long form would scare anybody
off!):

SIMPLIFIED ADULT RELEASE
For valuable consideration received, I hereby grant to
___________________ ("Photographer")
the absolute and irrevocable right and unrestricted permission in
respect of photographic portraits
or pictures that he/she had taken of me or in which I may be included
with others, to use, reuse,
publish, and republish the same in whole or in part, individually or
in any and all media now or hereafter
known, and for any purpose whatsoever, for illustration, promotion,
art, editorial, advertising,
and trade, or any other purpose whatsoever without restriction as to
alteration; and to use my name
in connection therewith if he/she so chooses.
I hereby release and discharge Photographer from any and all claims
and demands arising out
of or in connection with the use of the photographs, including
without limitation any and all claims
for libel or violation of any right of publicity or privacy.
This authorization and release shall also inure to the benefit of the
heirs, legal representatives,
licensees, and assigns of Photographer, as well as the person(s) for
whom he/she took the photographs.
I am of full age and have the right to contract in my own name. I
have read the foregoing and
fully understand the contents thereof. This release shall be binding
upon me and my heirs, legal
representatives, and assigns.
DATE NAME
WITNESS ADDRESS