Subject: [Leica] Dell Bashing Dells from Hell
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jul 30 16:42:59 2005

In a message dated 7/29/2005 1:22:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
red735i@earthlink.net writes:
ALL portables, laptops, or whatever you call them are made to a very
different reliability standard than desk tops.  They use more fragile PCB,
drives, and fans that are insufficient to cool the things.   They just are
not as reliable, and the fact that you carry them from place to place makes
them even less reliable.
The Laptops I've used seem to be very robust in construction, with the
exception of an older IBM Thinkpad and a Compac Laptop I had.  The E-Machine
Inow
have is very robustly made and seems very durable.  Don't see my self ever
going
back to a Desk Top unit.

Gene