Subject: [Leica] Ted Grant--Photographing the "Shadow Side"
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jul 30 18:53:58 2005

Well,
Ted has not publicly chimed in so here goes.  Ted teaches three basics
for shooting people.  First is look for the light.  Almost always the
best light is coming into the lens; meaing move to put the light
between you and the subject or shooting from the shadow side.

The second step is look at the eyes, focus on the eyes and then wait
for a combination of expression and last action.

The third step is to wait for the appropriate or wonderful action that
completes the image.