Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jul 31 15:19:37 2005

Tina,
I think that you captured the experience of the bride in the last image:

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/46986102

I have a lot of experience with Indian weddings, many of which are
still arranged.  The bride usually does a good job of portraying her
cultural part but is usually quite happy to be married. Much like in
traditional American weddings the bride spends lots of time with her
female friends and relatives and there is often the sort of giggling,
happy times in between the formal ceremonies.

I suspect that this was a political marriage and that the wishes of
the couple were not taken into account with the arrangement.

Two couples who are good friends of mine are in arranged marriages.
All things considered they are fairly content in the relationship.

Thank you for sharing these images with all of us.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com