Subject: [Leica] Off Topic DVD writing Problem
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Sun Jul 31 18:00:23 2005

Howard,
  What kind of drive do you have in your PowerBook?  DVD -R? DVD +R?  Both?
Not a MAC person so not familiar with the drives.

  I ask because while in NOLA I wanted to back up the wedding pictures to a
DVD after figuring out I had way to many for CDs.  Got a box of DVD +R since
they are faster then the -R and set about the task.  Kept getting an error
and finally looked at the hardware.  Yep, my Gateway laptop will only
write -R.  Back to the store, got a box of -R DVDs, and the problem went
away.

  My wife's Compaq laptop, by the way, will read DVD but not write them.

Bill