Subject: [Leica] Re: Perpignan
From: rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark)
Date: Sun Jul 31 18:42:37 2005

Steve:
Although I didn't drive in Germany, I spent six days driving throughout
Provence on major highways (the A routes) and the smaller roads (D and N
roads).  After seeing how the French and the cars from other countries
strictly observe the lane regulations, I remain highly impressed with it
all.  Unlike here in the states, absolutely no one simply sits in the far
left lane and drives parallel to someone in the middle lane.  And...the
middle lane always moves faster than the right lane with most of the
commercial traffic.  Being able to cruise in the middle lane and simple slip
by another car and quickly return to the middle lane was terrific and showed
me that it could be done.  Today, I was driving up Interstate 95 from NC to
PA and countless times, cars would be in the left lane just cruising along
with a complete line of traffic behind them.  Drivers would shift right and
left lanes to get around them and afterwards, the person would continue to
drive in the left lane going the same speed as someone in the middle lane!
Insane!!!!  Give me the European way any day!

Robert Clark
Lancaster, PA