Subject: [Leica] M2 + R2, 40/2 Summicron-C, 35mm framelines
From: ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter)
Date: Mon Aug 1 09:01:38 2005

Hi,

I just wanted to share some ground glass experiments I did on the week-end
with
my Summicron-C on both M2 and R2. Results:

- The M2 35mm framelines still cut out about 5-10% of the image at 3 meters
or so.
- The R2 35mm framelines cover the 40mm focal length very nicely 3 meters
and above.

I am quite happy with this lens. It is really tiny, just a tiny bit longer
than
a collapsed classic Summicron, including the collapsed original rubber hood.
It looks great on the olive R2 :-) I got the lens in Bargain condition with
clean glass for less than US 300 from KEH about a month ago.

Regards,

Roland.

FeRider (R.)