Subject: [Leica] OT: Scanning B&W film via a Nikon LS-4000 vs. a MinoltaElite 5400
From: mail at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth)
Date: Sun Aug 7 05:47:03 2005

Luis, I only have a Nikon so I can't really comment other than to say
that I've been very pleased with the results from my Nikon V.

I think Richard's investigation is partly in response to this thread -
http://www.leica-camera.com/discus_e/messages/2/152307.html?1123404324 -
on the Leica web site forum. Someone asked what was required to develop
and scan b&w negatives (he already had a scanner). The thread then took
a bit of a turn when someone who has admitted that he's never scanned
anything himself said that scanning b&w was of no value as it was
impossible to produce acceptable results. Richard, myself and others
disagreed with this and a lengthy thread has ensued.

Steve