Subject: [Leica] 30th birthday - OT
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Aug 7 09:33:24 2005

Frank F. Farmer wrote and enjoyed:
>Tonight I turned 30.  Granted, nothing that spectacular and I don't even
>have a photo of the party . . . yet.  Anyway, I did receive a bottle of
>Lagavulin and Gunter Osterloh's Leica M book from my father-in-law.  Just
>thought it was appropriate to share.  Happy weekend to you all.<<<<

Hi Frank,
A belated happy birthday and many many more! Looks like you received a
couple of fine gifts, but the greatest gift of all is the life ahead for at
least the next 60 years. :-)

I tried to think back to my 30th, it was tough, however when I put it into
"photo assignments" things came swishing back like it was yesterday as it
was such a wonderful time. I was just getting rolling and the next 46 years
became the most exciting anyone could expect and enjoy.

To reach 30 is a plesaure, :-) 40 it begins to rock and roll. 50 it's so
damn exciting you never want it to end! :-) 60? At this point you begin to
do all those wonderful things you couldn't do in your younger years, well
most of them. ;-) And what can I say for the next 16 after that? For example
you can make it what you want. But always make it fun and enjoy it for more
than any other time in your life. By then you've earned it just in
surviving. ;-)

For examle in my case while shooting from helicopters or fixed wing planes
over the years, picture taking that is, I always wondered what it would be
like to just roll out with a parachute and float gently to earth? So at 65 I
did just that, my first and only solo jump. :-) It was every bit as exciting
as I imagined, actually more so. I'm sure you can imagine how many people
thought I'd lost it, :-)

However that was not to be until the next opportunity on the 76th! ;-)
Fooled them again. ;-) Still haven't lost it (completely) and when I do
there's no point taking up space around here.

But those between 65 and 76 I never let down nor backed off, oh a few minor
things that come with aging, not too much you can do about those other than
attitude! Screw it don't give it the time of day, work & live around it. Put
it out of your mind, well as much as you can and move on.

But as long as you stay young at heart and spirit, life is amazingly
wonderful to have lived long, enjoyed family, friends and so many wonderful
experiences. In my case all because my wife bought me my first camera and
gave me the life and opportunities of ten men, if not more!

I'm sure a dram or two of the Lagavulin will do you no harm while reading
that Leica book. :-)

Have a wonderful life the best is yet to come. :-)  Happy Birthday. :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer) ([Leica] 30th birthday - OT)
Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] 30th birthday - OT)
Message from summicron at bellsouth.net (Frank F. Farmer) ([Leica] 30th birthday - OT)