Subject: [Leica] OT: Scanning B&W film via a Nikon LS-4000 vs. aMinoltaElite 5400
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sun Aug 7 13:08:24 2005

I'm sorry, where does it say "grain dissolver?" I found the references to
ICE4, GEM, and "pixel polish," but they are not the same as the grain
dissolver, which is a hardware diffuser plate on the old Minolta 5400.

As for why scan - because I don't want to set up a wet darkroom. Of course
one may say setting up a darkroom is easier, and that would be a fine
argument. For me though, I am happy to scan and print using the inkjet. I
may even go back to make contact prints as I said in another thread.
Scanning the negs allow me to look into that direction.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] OT: Scanning B&W film via a Nikon LS-4000 vs. aMinoltaElite 5400)