Subject: [Leica] Some of a few recent shots from the UK
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Aug 9 12:26:18 2005

Good Lord!  How did you manage to carry all that gear?    ;-)

In any case, thanks for the info.  I'm a bit surprised that the
widest lens you used in those first 17 was 21mm.   Some, particularly
#17, look wider.

By the way, having taken another look, #3 (Mist by the Huts - 2)
really caught my eye.  It has a wonderful air of mystery about it.

Thanks again.

>The first 17 frames are digital, the widest lens used being a
>Leica-R Super Angulon 21/4, the other lenses were, in increasing
>order, R 2,8/28,R 2/35, Zeiss 1,7/50, R 2,8/135, R4/250, if the
>light is low I also use the Canon image stabilised 28-135 EF IS
>zoom.
>
>Most of the other shots are on Kodak Elite 100 or 200 with Leica R5
>and R7, Leica M6, Minolta CLE and Bessa-R with lenses  12,
>15,25,28,50,90 and 135mm (plus the lenses mentioned above)
>
>I can recommend the 20D with any of the Leica-R lenses or, which
>would be much less expensive, Zeiss (Contax/Yashica) optics, I've
>had fantastic results from a Zeiss 1,7/50 and a Yashica 2,8/55 macro
>and I'm just trying out a Zeiss 1,4/50 and a Yashica 2,8/24 I picked
>up yesterday for 50 euros. The 50 looks very good after I tightened
>up the inner lens barrel, I'm not sure about the 24mm yet. BTW M42
>(Pentax screw mount) can be had for very little money and there are
>certainly some gems to be had.
>
>The great thing is, if you have the adapters, you can go into a
>second hand shop and try the lenses out "on site", there really is a
>lot of s/h quality manual focus stuff out there at very reasonable
>prices.
>cheers and thanks for your comments
>Douglas
(snip)