Subject: [Leica] From used wine barrels to taiko drums
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Aug 9 19:56:48 2005

Richard,
You have posted a good how to on putting barrels back together.  My
mischevious side insists that I tell you that in Colonial
Williamsburg, they will make you a nice clean new barrel in whatever
size you need for not a lot of money.

Possibly the tannins in wine will make the wood sound better, just
like the submerged trees in Lake Michigan? are selling for a fortune
to instrument makers as the wood has a fabulous timbre.

Good luck.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] From used wine barrels to taiko drums)