Subject: [Leica] Thanks everyone...and another PAW
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Thu Aug 11 06:02:31 2005

Hi Nathan,

You're right, and I always wondered about that...why spicy food that makes
one
feel hot is consumed preferentially in areas which are hotter?

Well, thank goodness for google...according to a couple of sites I just
found,
it seems that the dominant hypothesis is that many spices have antimicrobial
properties, which would be more important in warmer climates where food
might
spoil more quickly...wow, only 9 o'clock and I already learned something
today...that's my quota...guess I'll go back to sleep now.  ;)

One site I found:
http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/hot_us.asp

Best,
Aaron