Subject: [Leica] B&W elementary tech
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Thu Aug 11 12:24:56 2005

I will concede that, although I have never personally seen and handled a
digital print that is, IMHO, every bit as good as a good silver print.   But
my experience with digital prints is limited, so I concede it.   I have made
B&W prints with MIS inks on a C86 that look very, very good.   But there is
always something that is wrong with them -- the reflections off the surface
have a strange color cast, even though the print itself is neutral gray, or
the details in a brick wall just aren't there the way they are in the silver
print, or the grey of the sky isn't as smooth as the sky in the silver
print.