Subject: [Leica] Any LUGgers in Portugal?
From: jdos2 at mindspring.com (Jeff Sumner)
Date: Mon Aug 15 07:15:53 2005

(Grumbles)

Oh, why can't people show when _I'm_ there!

I can't make the Algarve in that time-frame, but I might be able to
make Lisbon. I'd love to meet some folks, in what is a wonderfully
photogenic city, and just about my favorite place to be in the entire
world. If you've not yet rented a villa, I know a renter in Arma??o
de P?ra.

I hope you do find someone to take you around- Lisbon is still a city
where the seemingly best restaurants are behind unmarked, unassuming
doors, or worse, tucked inside a coffee shop so far in the back you
have to walk through the kitchen to get to where you sit. You often
have to know the place to get to know the place. Those are the places
my friends take me. Bring Tri-X and plan on developing in Diafine-
and use a Noctilux if you have one. Watching a full Portuguese family
from grandparents on down to babies sit down for a meal is an
experience!

You've chosen a good time to go- end of the tourist season, and it's
warm without raining.

I was already there this year, and I already miss it.

JD