Subject: [Leica] DMR and my R8 - not getting along at all.
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Tue Aug 16 11:45:56 2005

Spoke with Leica NJ -- it is my R8. It needs an upgraded brain to
communicate with the DMR. Shooting too fast causes the body and back
to jam up and lose communication.

First impressions on the DMR:

1) Slow - IE, 2 FPS. But I am used to shooting with a motor drive and
think nothing of blowing through a roll in several minutes.

2) Filling the buffer with 10 images and then having to wait for the
back to write to the SD is immediately annoying. I am using 10mb/sec
SD cards from Sandisk (the fastest you can go these days). Waiting for
back to catch up to you will annoy many.

3) Very intuitive interface.

4) Few test shots I got to look at really DO look like film!

Eric