Subject: [Leica] #268
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Aug 16 14:56:26 2005

On 8/15/05 11:24 AM, "Robert D. Baron" <rbaron@concentric.net> typed:

> Bill Smith wrote:
>
>> Looks like a collection of homeless seals to me.
>
> Far from it.  They are at home for the tourists near Fisherman's Wharf
> in San Francisco.  When the food arrives they will arise from their
> torpor and bark, belch and clap for the assembled photographers.
>
> --Bob

San Francisco here I come!
I guess that blends in some how.

Many of us are honing in on your yearly October meeting Leica historical
Society of America plans they sent a thing out yesterday on confirming the
sign up. I think there's sill plenty of time and leeway.
The LHSA results in simply getting a Viewfinder Magazine prescription.
Once monthly.
Which no self respecting Leica nut would want to be without.
This months edition a shining example.
You read and article and you think "now what would have happened if I hadn't
read that article!?" Tom Abrahamsson checks out the new Zeiss Cosina Leica M
mount glass worth the price of admission and on from there.
You get the magazine and as an extra you can go to these great meetings and
"events".
Containing various other Leica nuts of all shapes and sizes.
I don't belong to one single other organization that I can think of.
(not wishing to belong to any org that would have me - who said that Oscar
Wilde?)
Not even the Automobiles Association of America.
Or Alcoholics Anonymous etc.
Not a "Joiner"
    nor Tinker, Tailor, Weaver or Bellows Mender.
But have looming aspirations on the latter.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/