Subject: [Leica] B.D. Strikes again
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Aug 21 05:51:39 2005

Not really, Walt - One, I loved the image. Two, whether he guessed or not,
when we look at an image, we may like the color; we may think we know
precisely when and where an image was taken and that that's the color and
light we expect to see in that setting. But the reality is that if we
weren't there, we simply don't know if the color is or isn't correct. We
never know the precise time an image was taken; we never know what is
outside the frame that might be reflecting light and effecting the color. So
Philipe may well have guessed correctly - but that in no way negates the
point that we don't really know a damn thing about the accuracy of color
representation unless it's so grossly off that we know that the given colors
simply wouldn't occur in 'nature' in the area in which the photo was shot.

Again, I was in no way criticizing your image, which I love - it's
definitely one of those 'I wish I had shot that' images. (Although I'd like
to see it in black and white. ;-) )

B. D.