Subject: [Leica] Canon Introducs 2 new digital SLRs
From: msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad)
Date: Tue Aug 23 09:52:40 2005

i think most of the conversation was about using the viewfinder formanual
focus shooting. for manual focus shooting, only the canon pro 1are good,
very bright screens and split focusing screen
On 8/23/05, B. D. Colen <bdcolen@comcast.net> wrote:> In the real world,
Vick, the DMR has never existed.;-)> BTW, for all the horse hooey yesterday
about the worthless viewfinder in the> new Canon, it's interesting to note
the following:> > Leica R9:> Viewfinder Field: 23 x 25 mm, corresponds to 93
% of the image area> (96 % vertical x 97 % horizontal), in conformance with
the> standardized 35 mm slide format. Viewfinder Magnification: 0.75 x> with
a 50 mm lens set at infinity and at 0 diopter correction.> > Canon EOS 5D:>
Viewfinder> ? 96% frame coverage> ? 0.71x magnification> > So let me get
this straight - the 5D provides MORE image coverage than an> R9, and it
provides .71 magnification, compared to the Leica M's stunning> .72, and the
R9s 'world beating .75, and yet the new 5D has such a poor> viewfinder that
it's not worth considering according to some here?> Fascinating. Why do I
have the feeling that if it was emblazoned with a Red> Dot and the name
Leica half the members of the list would already have> orders in? (Except
Doug, of course, because it doesn't offer 16 bit> capture.)> > > On 8/22/05
11:31 PM, "Doug Herr" <telyt@earthlink.net> wrote:> > > on 8/22/05 5:27 PM,
Vick Ko at vick.ko@sympatico.ca wrote:> >> >> Is it a DMR killer?  Or has
the DMR already died?> >> > Not for me.  The 12-bit capture is less than I'm
looking for.> >> > Doug Herr> > Birdman of Sacramento> >
http://www.wildlightphoto.com> >> >> >> >