Subject: [Leica] RE: #284
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Tue Aug 23 21:23:31 2005

Graham,

Thank you for sharing another beautiful image.  More so than many, this
evokes a very strong feeling of dimensionality.

The use of the orange filter creates a beautiful and strong contrast, and
thus the sky has wonderful tonal separation and depth.  All in all it
creates a very graphic image, but one that makes you want to step into it.

This is how we once again demonstrate that while black and white film
abstracts an image, the fine artist can make this abstract more powerful
than a straight representation.  Thank you for showing once again how
powerful black and white can be in evoking feeling and place, when it's done
right!

Best of light,
Norm