Subject: [Leica] Cow
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Aug 24 01:42:12 2005

Thanks to Ted, Jeffery, Philippe and Nathan for the comments to my cow
picture.
http://andyheinz.ch/sommer/pages/image009.html

>Crop the bottom area off including he stones. Don't go any higher.
>Now look at the print again. :-)
>And if that's the first of a series we'll be watching for the rest.
>good on you.
>ted

Unfortunately it's the best of this website series but there are lots of
b&w pictures coming from my holydays up there.

>I think the picture would benefit from cropping on the right and at the
>bottom
>Nathan

Agree for the bottom crop, but I think cropping at the right only would
decenter the combined cow/shadow element, that's why I cropped at both
sides. I wanted to keep the 3:2 ratio, too.

And here's the cropped one:
http://andyheinz.ch/sommer/pages/image009b.html

>There's something with the cows in them: looks as if they know they're
>posing or even taking a pose for the photos :-)
>Philippe

Yes their stoic regard gives them something majestic. But THIS cow was very
mean. She was walking toward me and tried to take me up with her horns a
few secons after this shot. Fortunately I knew that a loud voice will
impress her. But tourists are warned not to go to close to the cattle.

Thanks again
Didier

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Cow)