Subject: [Leica] OT: good time to pick up an Elite 5400
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Aug 24 02:38:07 2005

Especially good news for people who are still shooting B&W, this is a good
time to pick up the Minolta Elite 5400. It does a good job with color too,
of course, but due to the diffused light source and the grain dissolver,
this is probably as good as it gets for scanning B&W neg, certainly for
~$500 anyway. I have tested a rental model against my LS-4000 a few weeks
ago and didn't find it to be too superior to the LS-4000 so if you already
have a scanner that you are happy with, don't bother with it. But if you
are in the market for the best 35mm B&W neg scanner, pick one up now before
they are all gone. The local store Keeble & Schucat has 2 left for $500
each (I bought the other one tonight), and someone at EB*y is selling half
a dozen of them for $450 each. The new model 5400 II may not be as good for
B&W neg, FWIW.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] OT: good time to pick up an Elite 5400)