Subject: [Leica] Canon Introduces 2 new digital SLR's
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Aug 24 08:45:47 2005

What I am most impressed about is how you or other wildlife photog get
shots like that. You are using big lens that are slow to focus (and manual
at point in your case). DOF is minimal. I mean, look at this one:
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/parulidae/prwa00.html The focus is
right on the bird and not the leaves, I don't know, 2 inches away. I
imagine any noise would have scared them and off they go. I understand the
trick of some of the insect photog use is to fridge the subjects or do it
in the morning hours when they are more sluggish but I am not sure the same
can be done with birds, not the fridge part anyway. Most impressive indeed.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Canon Introduces 2 new digital SLR's)