Subject: [Leica] leica branded lenses
From: mccluney at sbcglobal.net (Gene E. McCluney)
Date: Wed Aug 24 18:10:36 2005

>Leica had certainly made (some) money with it's name on Panasonic lenses,
>Didier

I was on an assignment today, shooting digital stills working with an
in-house videographer from the parent office of the company I was
shooting at.   She had a Panasonic Mini-DV 3 chip camcorder, and it
had a Leica lens on it.  A Leica Digimar or something.  On the Lens
barrel it said "Lens Made In Germany".  Now that doesn't sound like
"putting Leica's name on Panasonic lenses", although I do believe
that the lenses for the Panasonic still digital cameras are made by
Panasonic or a subcontractor to Leica spec's if they have the Leica
name on them, but the Camcorders, well it does say Made In Germany on
the lens.

Gene McCluney