Subject: [Leica] Apologies to innocent bystanders
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Wed Aug 24 22:18:10 2005

>> Brian Reid wrote:
>>

>>> It never fails.
>>> This week I went in the hospital for major surgery on my left ankle.
>>> I got home about 2 hours ago. I had asked Sonny to remind you to
>>> behave if in my absence you forgot to (he's one of half a dozen
>>> people on the list that I can ALWAYS count on to be polite without
>>> being meek). And of course, as soon as I went under the knife, other
>>> knives came out. It always seems to happen that way.
>>> I'm going to be relatively immobile for the next 6 weeks until I can
>>> walk again, so I'll have plenty of time to admonish those of you who
>>> get out of line.
>>> But the best way to deal with real or imagined insults in an online
>>> forum is to pretend you didn't hear them. That trick always works.

Hi Brian, behind as always, but I certainly want to wish you a speedy
recovery: anything to do with the ankle will take hard work and
patience, so stick at it and thanks again for running the LUG.

Cheers
Alastair

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Apologies to innocent bystanders)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Apologies to innocent bystanders)