Subject: [Leica] dirt and labs
From: neilsimages at pipeline.com (Neil Schneider)
Date: Fri Aug 26 21:21:09 2005

On Aug 26, 2005, at 5:25 PM, feli wrote:

> How much dirt and scratches are you folks encountering from C-41
> processing?
>
> Recently I've had a few lousy runs with film coming back and looking
> like
> it was dragged across the floor a few times for that "newsreel" look.
> And we are not talking about the drugstore on the corner.
>
> Very annoying and time consuming.
>
> I have to admit that is one big advantage that shooting digital has...
>
> feli

I would bet that none of these places clean the rollers when they
replenish chemicals.
This would be the source of the scratches and nubs on the negs.
An old problem going back years, even at the papers I've worked at, &
they should
of known better. Comes down to a time saving factor and inexperience.

Neil

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] dirt and labs)