Subject: [Leica] LeiCanon focus confirmation??
From: simonpj at mac.com (Simon PJ)
Date: Sat Aug 27 03:50:28 2005

I'm doing a mass portrait shoot for some actor friends who'll be staying
with us this weekend and have rented a 1Ds with 85/1.2 and 100/2.8 macro.
I'm also going to be shooting film on Leica (1st generation 90/2 on M;
125/2.5 and 200/4 on SL2) - my usual actor portrait session combination.
It'll be a very relaxed and extended session stretched out over the three
days of the holiday weekend, so I'm not overly concerned about problems from
switching between Canon digital and Leica film. I've rented the 1Ds partly
out of curiosity, and partly so as to be able to get some instant feedback
on the kind of look each of the actors is looking for in their portraits.

I have a Leica R/EOS adapter, and find that the 1Ds screen is not bad at all
for seeing focus.

As far as I can work out, the 1Ds autofocus system is disabled when the
Leica lens is mounted, meaning that focus confirmation is not available. Is
that right? Is there an autofocus setting that will still give focus
confirmation with the Leica lenses via the red focusing screen autofocus
point indicators?

Thanks,

Simon.

Replies: Reply from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] LeiCanon focus confirmation??)