Subject: [Leica] Here we go again
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sat Aug 27 13:10:52 2005

On 27 Aug 2005 at 13:54, Jeffery Smith wrote:

> Thanks, Sonny. I'm going to hunker in because of all of the animals (5
> dogs, 2 cats, and a bird). My wife has a store with cinder block walls.
> I'm going to put her and my mother-in-law over there. I'm hoping that
> Katrina will make landfall to the west of us. That should drag her down
> some before she reaches us.

Hey... hey... Me I don't like that some at all...

besides which they spin anticlockwise up here.  You want it to hit
EAST of you so you're on the side of the eye where the winds are
coming back off the land.  If it goes in west of you, you get maximum
storm surge and flooding...  East of you, you're on the dry side
(comparatively speaking, of course.)

Hang tight.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com