Subject: [Leica] Composition - The Golden Section?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Aug 27 14:35:25 2005

The numeric value is 1.618, or close to that.  It is approximated by the
ratio of 5 to 8... as in 5/8.

I use the proportion in furniture design.  Looks nice, but so do other
numeric ratios.......

The book to look for...

The Power of Limits
Gyorgy Doczi, author.
Available at the Shambala Booksellers
2482 Telegraph Ave.
Berkeley CA 94704

Do not have the area code, but the local number is.... 848-8443

Very nerdish answer.  I do have the book, and enjoyed the proportions in
it.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I am trying to improve my photograph's compositions and I need some input
regarding the "Golden Section" or "Golden Ratio". To date I have just been
putting the main subject slightly off center either horizontally or
vertically but I would like to see something better.

Replies: Reply from ealadner at comcast.net (Eric Ladner) ([Leica] Composition - The Golden Section?)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Composition - The Golden Section?)