Subject: [Leica] New Publication - C-ing Magazine
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Aug 27 21:58:25 2005

David Young said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] New Publication - C-ing Magazine

> It's all your fault, Rick!  You just cost me the price of a subscription
> to C-ing Magazine.
>
> I've just gotta have that Ted Grant cover!   ;-)<<<

Hi David,
>From what I've seen so far and in discussion with the publisher I believe
this is going to be a smashing good phot magazine. Hopefully they'll succeed
on the course they've taken, absolute quality photojournalism first and
foremost and not end up another rag photo advertising magazine.

My gut feeling? I don't think it'll become a rag for its and pieces as the
people publishing it are first class experienced publishers and I believe
there's a market for it here at home and abroad. Time will tell.

I'm not involved with it other than being asked as others were to submit a
piece for consideration in the inaugural issue. So I feel pretty good making
the cover and a good inside spread on the first go around. And with any kind
of luck I hope I'll make the cut in a future edition or two.

One of the good things about this magazine is, we photojournalists in Canada
finally have a publishing venue to show case some of the very fine
photographer's we have in this country and unknown to people in other
countries, let alone known right here at home.

If any of you folks have a look at a copy and are inclined to comment,
please let me know what your thoughts are as it would be very much
appreciated good, bad or ugly! :-)

ted

Message from telyt at telus.net (David Young) ([Leica] New Publication - C-ing Magazine)